Meet Dr. Vass
Larry Vass, DDS, MDiv. PdD
I have been a practicing dentist since 1973. Since then, dentistry has afforded me the opportunity to serve people in a very unique way. My office creed is that no one in pain will be turned away or put off. When someone calls here in any kind of pain, whether he or she is new or a patient of many years, I will see that person that same day. I believe that if I didn’t want to be always available to help and serve others, I should not have chosen to be in the health care field. My patients know that if they ever need me, they can call me day or night, and I will be there for them.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology – Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – School of Dentistry at the Medical College of Virginia
- Internship in Surgery and Anesthesiology – St. Agnes Hospital in Baltimore, MD
- Advanced General Dentistry Residency – University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- Master of Divinity 2001 – Trinity Seminary, University of Liverpool, England
- PdD In Theology 2012 - Trinity Theological Seminary of Newburgh, Indiana
I am constantly on the lookout for ways to improve patient care and make treatments more effective. I attend continuing education courses with a focus on those that offer new and improved techniques in endodontics and conscious sedation or advances in treatment of TMJ disorders and oral surgery. I have also received numerous certifications in more advanced dental procedures, such as:
- Zoom!® Whitening
- Snap-On Smile®
- Placement of Lumineers® porcelain veneers
- Conscious sedation
I became a dentist because of the love that I have for people on both the individual and collective levels. I enjoy caring for others and bringing my personal ministry to my office. I often pray with and for my patients. I believe in treating all people with kindness and respect and in the idea that “It’s better to give than to receive.” I understand my life in terms of blessings. I feel that I am blessed and live my life both outside and inside the office to bless others accordingly. You will find me to be a truly giving doctor with a ready ear and a dedication to providing you with quality care. I am also a capable doctor who can work with a variety of personalities and needs to find the best treatment for each unique case.
Outside the Office
I am happily married to my wife and share my social and professional life with her. I have come to rely on her management experience and greatly benefit from her involvement with Vass Dental Group. We have three children and three more grandchildren. In my free time, I enjoy competitive skiing and writing. I am an active author with books published and one more on the way, including:
- A Reformed View of the Sovereignty of God in a Postmodern World
- Hell’s Too Good for Some People - a Memoir
- Running for the Cross
I am also very active in my church activities. I am an itinerate preacher, ready and willing to help temporarily fill pulpits for area churches. My wife and I also teach a Sunday School class for young married couples.